A few years ago I was browsing through Martha Stewart’s Everyday Food Magazine and found this recipe for Emeril’s Fish Provencal.
|Photo via Martha Stewart|
Note: mine never looks this pretty, it's okay though, it still tastes delicious!
The recipe doesn’t look like anything special, but I have to tell you the taste is absolutely amazing and the recipe quickly became a favorite. It’s so perfect for a summer day, and the big bonus is that it’s also super healthy – high in heart healthy omega-3 fatty acid, lycopene filled tomatoes and cancer fighting dietary fiber in the zucchini.
Now that I’ve made this about a zillion times, I’ve made a few changes to the original recipe:
1. When I don't feel like dealing with the grill, I cook mine under the broiler for 20 minutes instead.
2. Instead of haddock or cod, I used bluefish this time……….but only because it was on sale at the store.
3. I love Penzy’s Northwoods seasoning so I always use it instead of the Italian seasoning and anise seeds. Plus that saves me from having to buy a random ingredient like anise seeds.
4. If I have an open bottle of wine in the fridge, I usually add a little splash of wine to the packet.
5. I used thinly sliced shallots instead of Vidalia onion.
Totally delicious with a glass of white wine, out on the patio!
How about you? Do you have a go-to summer favorite