Southwestern Blizzard Stew
· 1 lb ground meat
· 2 carrots, diced
· 2 shallots, diced
· ¼ c. bourbon
· 1 can fire roasted tomatoes with chiles
· 1 can diced tomatoes
· 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
· 2 cans corn
· 1 can beef broth
· 1 packet of taco seasoning
· 1 packet of ranch dressing seasoning
· Salt & Pepper
· 1 tbsp olive oil
· Shredded cheese (for garnish)
1. Brown meat in dutch oven over high heat. Remove meat from pan and drain on paper towels.
2. In same pan, heat oil over high heat and brown carrots & shallots with salt & pepper for about 5 minutes. Deglaze the pan with bourbon and continue to cook the veggies 1 – 2 minutes more.
3. Add both cans of tomatoes and corn (with liquid) as well as the black beans and beef broth. Stir in the seasonings packets and bring soup to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for about an hour, stirring approximately every 20 minutes. Garnish with shredded cheese and serve with crusty bread.Psst - don't mind the terrible photograph, I'm still getting the hang of this thing and obviously have zero future as a food stylist.