Background

Monday, June 20, 2011

Emeril’s Fish Provencal – My Favorite Summer Dish

A few years ago I was browsing through Martha Stewart’s Everyday Food Magazine and found this recipe for Emeril’s Fish Provencal.
Photo via Martha Stewart
Note: mine never looks this pretty, it's okay though, it still tastes delicious!

The recipe doesn’t look like anything special, but I have to tell you the taste is absolutely amazing and the recipe quickly became a favorite.  It’s so perfect for a summer day, and the big bonus is that it’s also super healthy – high in heart healthy omega-3 fatty acid, lycopene filled tomatoes and cancer fighting dietary fiber in the zucchini. 
Now that I’ve made this about a zillion times, I’ve made a few changes to the original recipe:
1.      When I don't feel like dealing with the grill, I cook mine under the broiler for 20 minutes instead.
2.       Instead of haddock or cod, I used bluefish this time……….but only because it was on sale at the store.
3.       I love Penzy’s Northwoods seasoning so I always use it instead of the Italian seasoning and anise seeds. Plus that saves me from having to buy a random ingredient like anise seeds.
4.       If I have an open bottle of wine in the fridge, I usually add a little splash of wine to the packet.
5.     I used thinly sliced shallots instead of Vidalia onion.

Totally delicious with a glass of white wine, out on the patio!

How about you? Do you have a go-to summer favorite

No comments:

Post a Comment