Background

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Katie's Home-style Chicken and Egg Noodles

Happy Easter!  I hope everyone had a nice, relaxing day. I know I’ve been enjoying a full day of gorging myself on Peeps and Honeybaked Ham. I’m also super excited that the weather has been a little more reasonable recently.  Feels like it's been a long haul this year and I’m definitely ready to start having picnics in the park and dust off the old grill. Or maybe I’m just excited that I can finally walk to the subway without freezing off my little rear?!
Before I get ahead of myself though, I realized today that I forgot to share this recipe for Home-style Chicken and Egg Noodles…..oops.  This hearty soup is super comfort food, which was a huge hit in our household and is now part of the regular dinner rotation.  Seriously, run don’t walk to your kitchen and make it immediately, I promise you won’t be sorry!
Katie’s Home-style Chicken and Egg Noodles
2 skinless, bone-in chicken breasts
4 skinless, bone-in chicken thighs
2 14.5 oz. cans low fat chicken broth
43.5 oz water (3 chicken broth cans full)
1 chopped onion
2 chopped carrots
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp poultry seasoning
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 10.75 oz can cream of mushroom soup
8 oz home-style egg noodles
Salt & pepper to taste
  1. Place first 9 ingredients (through garlic powder) in a dutch oven on the stove.  Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
  2. Carefully remove the chicken from the pot and pull meat from the bones.  Put the pulled chicken back in the pot and stir in the cream of mushroom soup. Add salt and pepper to taste.
  3. Add the egg noodles and cook according to package directions.
Just in case you didn't fully enjoy today's balmy weather, a little flashback below via Gothamist.

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful and quite informative blog I have learnt so many things from here.
    see this page

    ReplyDelete