Background

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lazy Woman Chicken Skewers

It's been cold here and it's making me extremely laaazzzyyyy.  Seriously,all I want to do is curl up in bed with a book and stay there until the temperature gets a little more reasonable.  Needless to say I was pursuing my dream by reading a magazine in bed last night when I decided it would be a great idea to make the adorable rosemary chicken skewers that I saw in this month's Every Day with Rachael Ray Magazine. Excellent use of ingredients I already had, cute dinner, everyone's happy, excellent plan!

Slight problem though, once I got out of my comfort coccoon, I had absolutely zero motivation to spend my night threading chicken cubes onto rosemary sprigs.  Soooooo I took the lazy route by chopping up the rosemary and mixing it in with all the skewer ingredients.  Let me tell you, the end result was delicious....didn't even miss the skewers. Plus I didn't have to worry about accidentally shooting chicken across the kitchen while extracting it from the skewer. Score! I love it when I'm rewarded for laziness. Plus this dinner involves a delicious dipping sauce, seriously, who doesn't love a good dipping sauce?

Lazy Woman Chicken Skewers
½ c. mayo
¼ c. mustard
1 lemon, juiced then sliced
1 shallot, chopped in wedges
1 package chicken, cut in pieces
1 package cherry tomatoes
2 tbsp rosemary, roughly chopped
Ground pepper

1.       Mix together mayo, mustard, juice from the lemon and pepper to taste
2.       Put chicken pieces, shallot wedges, cherry tomatoes, rosemary on a foil lined cookie sheet. Pour half  of mayo mixture over top and mix.
3.       Broil for 15 minutes, stirring a few times during cooking.
4.       Serve with reserved mayo mixture for dipping.
Adapted from Every Day with Rachael Ray.

No comments:

Post a Comment